Verisk Specialty Business Solutions (formerly Sequel Business Solutions) is a division of Verisk. Having started out in 1993, we have established a reputation as a market leader in the provision of software to the global insurance industry. We offer streamlined end-to-end management of all insurance and reinsurance business to brokers, underwriters, and intermediaries through the Sequel product suite. Our customers, traditionally Lloyd's and London Market specialists have expanded to include major players in the North American general insurance market. With offices in London, Malaga, and Jersey City, we offer exciting career opportunities in insurance-led technology.Job Description
Hello there! Do you know Verisk? Are you a dynamic person? Would you like to grow in our company? In Verisk SBS we are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Claims team. And we really wish it could be you!
Sequel Claims is our end to end claims & case management system that not only tracks the progress of a claim from its inception to end, but also has an intelligent workflow module.
We are looking for the right person to help us developing the core services used by platform.
How we work:
This profile will take a key part in the development and improvement of our applications, bringing innovation, motivation, and proactivity to the role. You will be working with amazing professionals in the sector who bring the best performance to our company.
To manage complexity and scale, our product teams are divided into squads (two-pizza teams, around 9/10 people) concentrated in specific areas (cooperation between “the Three Amigos”: developers, QAs and BAs; also, Team Leads, Development Managers etc.) and along with you will be forming a rockstar team!
- We’re kind and friendly to each other – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work where and when they feel best.
- We ship often, deploying many times with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
What will you do?
- Participate actively in planning meetings, retrospectives, daily stand ups, and other meetings as part of the software development process: Mostly Verisk SBS teams follow Scrum philosophy, so is important to keep the track using it tools. Our team have 2 weeks sprints, with Sprint Planning session, daily stand-ups where the team track the progress of everyone, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Help with code reviews: Participate in our Git flow reviewing pull requests..
- Perform hands-on coding and assist in the design of solutions: Teams often have backlog refinement sessions so every developer can give its point of view for different items. Participate on poker planning sessions.
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure: The Verisk development teams always try to be on the bleeding edge, implementing the latest technologies on new projects and improving already-coded solutions.
- Mentor others Software Developer Engineers: The company keeps growing and growing so new colleagues often join our team. It is important for the team to bring info and support to new joiners and make them feel comfortable.
What you´ll get:
- 35hrs / week and office in the centre of Malaga / remote.
- Remote work and flexible working hours options are available. For us, the reconciliation of work and family life (family, children, dependents ...) is very important, as well as your personal development and the enjoyment of your leisure and free time.
- Additional benefits to the salary offered: health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, certifications and training (including bonuses to spend on Amazon for each certification obtained) and Spanish/English classes during working hours.
- For people who work in the office: luncheon vouchers, bicycle parking, fruit and snacks, drinks on Fridays, pizza on Tuesdays.
- Lunch and Learn: weekly knowledge sharing session. That day lunch is on us!
- Team building and annual events (pre-COVID): we work hard and enjoy with the same energy, because celebrating good results is mandatory! Some places where we have been in previous years: Seville, Bilbao or Sierra Nevada.
- International Mobility: as part of the Verisk group, you will have access to the international opportunities existing in the group.
- Multicultural team: only in Malaga we have people of more than 10 different nationalities!
- Professional development and annual evaluation - each year you will have a review of your performance and objectives.
Sounds good? Contact us to know more!Qualifications
What will you bring?
- Experience on full stack development for enterprise applications
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and experience with all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Good expertise in object-oriented programming concepts, unit & integration testing, data and relational databases, technical database design, web architecture and application servers.
- Strong ability to express ideas and technical concepts
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet architectures.
- Independently productive being able to face most tasks on their own and understand when they need to ask for help.
- Ability to review code written by others and provide feedback and recommendations to follow coding guideline.
- Deep understanding about performance and scalability implications in the development process and experience with performance monitoring tools.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
Are you interested? We´re looking forward to hearing from you! Join us!