Senior Software Developer / Tech Lead at Xplor (Remote)
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Software Development Manager in Vancouver to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
You’ll join Xplor Fitness and Wellbeing and our Xplor Recreation team — the team that provides support and expertise to health clubs, gyms, community centers as well as the leisure, parks and recreation industry. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers, and build lasting fitness communities.Job Description
Some other responsibilities you'll have:
- Involve and engage with developers and tech loads from multiple teams and motivate them to improve continuously.
- Mentor team members and guide them towards raising their own software quality standards.
- Collaborate with the architecture team and contribute to shaping the future technical roadmap, and be a part of the driving force to bring that vision into existence.
- Build an innovative product with Microsoft technologies, from back-end to front-end.
- Participate in daily scrum activities and collaborate on delivering projects in an agile environment.
- Write clean, testable, scalable, and well-documented code.
- Diagnose problems and defects by collecting information, finding root causes, and fixing them.
- Help improve and evolve our advanced architecture following best-in-industry patterns.
- Have a keen eye for improvement in scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Refactor existing code, write unit tests and review other teammates code.
- Estimate, plan and implement new features in collaboration with product and design.
- Participate in full-life cycle software development.
- Years of full-cycle software development experience,
- Technical leadership skills that has been demonstrated in previous jobs
- Deep understanding of OOP, Design Principles, Integration patterns, Distributed architectures, Data Structures, Algorithms, Performance and Scalability
- Proficient in mentorship, pair programming, and technical training capabilities
- Experience using ASP.Net MVC framework and C# over Microsoft SQL data repositories, Web UI framework libraries (such as jQuery, Kendo and Knockout.Js),
- Good knowledge of AWS services and cloud-native applications considered a plus,
- Professional and articulate communications skills,
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals,
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities,
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves,
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognize our team members.
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We promote flexible working wherever we can, so whether you prefer to be fully remote or in an office, the choice can be yours.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.