Senior Software Developer (SharePoint) at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
Designs, develops, modifies, enhances and implements software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a mastery of development tools. Works in most phases of a project and reviews work of less experienced staff members. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software.
- Designs and writes programs according to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards.
- Reviews and provides input into development standards.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Serves as final escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborates with internal customers, technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational issues, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions.
- Follows established configuration/change control processes.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Effective communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Effective ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
- Proven leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead on the most complex projects
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Experience with SharePoint 2013, 2016, or Online - 6 years
Experience with coding, testing and design - 6 years
Experience with software development methodologies - 6 years
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge Experience with SharePoint migrations
Develop and maintain operational and system level documentation
Preferred Education Microsoft SharePoint or Azure related certification
Preferred Related Work Experience Microsoft Office 365 - 3+ years
Experience with PowerShell - 3+ years
Experience with Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI - 2+ years
Experience using Sharegate - 2+ years
ISW353 316804-1 316804BR