Are you looking for a friendly, fast-paced workplace with an emphasis on helping customers and empowering team members? Snap Finance is a thriving leader in the financial services industry, and our team members are the foundation of our success. Snap knows that happy, empowered, and engaged team members are essential to innovation and business success- and our approach is working. Come join us!
As a Senior Software Developer (Python) you will work within a dev team and show leadership in developing projects across predominantly Python and Open Source/Cloud based technologies, including Java and Amazon Web Services (AWS). A successful delivery of projects will require the Senior Developer to be included in dev team planning, coordination, and taking the lead across the full delivery lifecycle. This will include working closely with the POs, understanding the requirements from the stakeholders, and propose the team efficient solutions through the technologies we have.
- Develop and maintain Python (primary) and/or Java (secondary) applications on cloud-based technologies, mainly AWS.
- Oversee technologies, tools, and techniques used within the team.
- Work closely with the PO and Engineers on issues related to design and requirements.
- Ensure that development standard policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management.
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development team members when necessary to create cohesive software.
- Gain enough business knowledge to be able to actively participate in specifying software solutions for business needs.
- Ensure that all software developed within the team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated.
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- Work on the setup, integration, and maintenance of a completely new AWS hosted servicing system. Assist on constructing API layers to facilitate the communication with current internal and external applications, as well as building a solid strategy for a fluent flow between systems and data lake.
- Make recommendations that will influence decisions and present the roadmap and the progress of your team.
- 5+ years of experience in software development/data engineering/analytics.
- Extensive experience working with Python and Java.
- Experience with GIT, Cache frameworks, and Queuing frameworks.
- Docker (basic exposure).
- Unit Testing (JUnit, unit test).
- Design Patterns.
- Automated workflows and CI/CD tools: Airflow, Jenkins, etc.
- Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, ECR, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, Redshift, Athena, etc.
- Proven experience with high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- API implementations (REST and SOAP).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Up to date on the latest software innovations and committed to continually build on existing knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge in Agile Development Methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
- Application Server experience (Jboss, Wildfly).
- Strong Data Skillset (SQL, Postgres, JSON, No-SQL DBs).
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Advanced English level B2+ or above.
Why You’ll Love It Here…
- Generous paid time off.
- Competitive medical, dental & vision coverage.
- 401K with company match.
- Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options.
- Company-paid short-term disability.
- Long-term disability and legal coverage.
- Pet insurance, free snacks, and fun events.
- A value-based culture where growth opportunities are endless.
Snap values diversity, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more by visiting our website at www.snapfinance.com
California Residents please review our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice at https://snapfinance.com/ccpa-notice