Senior Software Backend Engineer, Self-Serve Platform at Clari (San Francisco, CA)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:31 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 24, 2022
Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
We are looking for Senior Backend Software Engineers to join our Admin and Scale team and help in building a full self-serve admin platform and empower customers to personalize their organization's Clari experience so that they can extract insights from their revenue process that would otherwise stay hidden in their data. This is one of the key strategic investments for the next phase of Clari's growth. You will have the opportunity to design, build and enhance the foundation for robust identity management, configuration management, design and implement APIs and build the platform to enable internal users and partners to quickly create tools and automate various workflows.
We develop Enterprise SaaS products, fundamentally powered by AI and Analytics to transform the way today’s leading tech companies track, forecast, and predict revenue. We are 100% cloud-native and build our product using reliable tools and technologies that our team knows and trusts, including Java, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and AWS. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with common web languages (Such as Python or Ruby) and other databases are fine substitutes.
We’re a collaborative team that genuinely enjoys working together with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, backend, frontend, mobile, automation, and quality engineers to make Clari a better product. We’re looking for engineers that have a passion for building great products with simplicity, usability, scalability, and reliability in mind.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- You’ll design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Clari Engineering teams
- You’ll shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against and meet the requirements of client-facing teams
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, Frontend Engineers, Product Support and other cross-functional partners to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base
- You’ll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business
- You’ll debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack, and uplevel the observability and reliability of the overall system
- You'll mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow
- You'll be a technical anchor for the team by playing a lead role and driving large initiatives
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience building impactful large-scale products or systems using Java or a similar object-oriented language
- Experience with AuthZ, identity management, RBAC is a plus
- Have a solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, OO modeling, indexing, and associated trade-offs
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams in building technical architecture and design alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently
- Are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Are skilled at debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Have built observable systems that track important metrics, investigated and addressed issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable.” To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
Read Full Job Description