ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Team: IT Customer Experience team is looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
Role: A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. Using tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of the desired product. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high-quality solutions
What you get to do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable systems and architectures by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work closely with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation, and delivery of the high-quality product to our users.
- Designing and implementing software that is simple, intuitive, and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help drive knowledge-sharing
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years of Industry experience incl. past experience in software development and coding in any of the object oriented languages (C#, .NET, Java, etc.)
- Experience in designing software architecture for the distributed systems or the cloud systems
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Knowledge and past experience working with relational databases including development, troubleshooting, and performance optimization.
- Strong experience with multiple technology stacks: Cloud Dev, Platforms, Web Dev, Frameworks, and/or service-oriented architecture
- Strong capability to manage multiple projects with material-technical risk across teams and processes; may serve as a functional lead or technical owner
- Demonstrated strong communications skills; must collaborate and/or influence peers through explanation of facts, policies, and practices
- Strong web development experience
- Strong experience in frameworks technology.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding presentation abilities
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.