From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is looking for a high-performance, experienced engineer to be a part of a team of Site Reliability Engineers. You will be working closely with engineering teams, product managers, as well as support and sales engineers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform Reliability.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will take ownership over the overall performance and reliability of Fivetran’s infrastructure, the robustness of the deployment pipeline, as well as timely and effective incident response and resolution. You will take responsibility for the growth and stability of Fivetran’s infrastructure, and be a key player driving effective incident response and overall issue avoidance.
- Responsible for ongoing reliability and robustness of Fivetran’s production infrastructure by monitoring availability, capacity, and throughput
- Evolve systems by adding reliability into our product roadmap
- Coordinate the re-prioritize or fix critical bugs for support or sales requirements as needed
- Make recommendations to production infrastructure by interfacing with engineering to ensure 100% availability
- Ensure scalable artifacts deployment to all environments by automation scripts
- Constantly monitor infrastructure vulnerabilities and remedy them by working with the security team
- 3+ years of experience working on Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- Knowledge of one of major cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience in Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Working experience in Golang
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of all three major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Working with SaaS products at scale
- Bonus if you also have Java
- Configuration management such as Ansible
- CircleCI experience
- Networking experience (VPC, VPN, Reversed ssh…)
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.