Senior Site Reliability Engineer at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
This is an exciting opportunity to join LivePerson as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and help build the discipline as part of a new Service organization. We're looking for passionate engineers to empower product developers to build and optimize running services in the cloud (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud). We need senior individual contributors that have strong experience around monitoring, deployments, and automation. The right candidate will also have a history of automating operations for distributed systems, databases, and/or networks on bare metal and a proven track record moving those to the cloud.
In this role you will:
- Ensure high uptime and reliability of the LivePerson offerings 24x7
- Design, integrate, and drive troubleshooting & mitigation tools as part of driving self healing agenda across the company
- Be responsible for creating in-house automation tooling to support related projects [Front-end / Back-end]
- Be part of designing and implementing feature flags across the board
- Act quickly in order to resolve service affecting incidents
- Track and reduce toil (manual, repetitive work) through automation
- Think beyond current models and look for repeatable site reliability automation patterns that can be productized as part of Live Person's offerings to its customers
- Partner closely with leaders across LivePerson to drive a culture of operational excellence by providing data driven insights as well as design, write, and deliver solutions for all developers to utilize
- Team Technology & Programming Stack:
- Java (Spring boot) , NodeJS, Python, Vue.JS
- Google Cloud Platform - Kubernetes, docker, AWS - S3, NoSql - DynamoDB
- Jenkins on Kubernetes and docker
- Big data technologies - Hadoop, Impala and ElasticSearch
Your qualifications are:
- 4 years combined experience in software development in Java, NodeJS or Python
- You have strong software development skills and can work cross-functionally with senior SDEs as peers
- You have 4+ years of experience running services in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud; experience preferred migrating from running bare metal to public cloud
- Expert level knowledge of CI/CD tooling, monitoring, feature flag management, experimentation, and a proven track record delivering solutions in one or more of these areas
- Previous experience in an operational / DevOps role - advantage
- You have experience mentoring and driving adoptions of these technologies across engineering organizations while leading by example.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.