Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 47 billion in circulation and supported over $1.6 trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we’re using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, we’re going to rapidly grow our API customer base and enable even more businesses to easily integrate and benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If you’re data-driven, interested in building something meaningful and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we can’t wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Technical Operations at Circle:
The Circle Technical Operations (TechOps) team comprises Site Reliability, DevOps and Blockchain Infrastructure Engineers to provide four 9s on Circle’s suite of products and services across a rapidly growing worldwide customer base on multiple AWS regions.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you'll get to sink your teeth into the latest, cutting edge technologies and collaborate with amazing engineers and technologists to build out AWS managed services in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
- Automate configuration of AWS infrastructure using AWS APIs in scripting languages such as Python
- Design highly available and resilient cross-region infrastructure
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security focused tools and frameworks
- Enthusiasm for the craft of software engineering and ability to collaborate across engineering groups to deliver and support Circle products
- See problems as opportunities for automation
- 4+ years experience as a AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS/EKS
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with either Cloudformation or Terraform
- Configuration management and automation experience with Ansible, Python, and Boto
- Experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote