Senior Site Reliability Engineer at GlossGenius (Remote)
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to join GlossGenius as an early member of the Platform Engineering team. You'll be meeting a distinct need and will be responsible for building technical infrastructure that is reliable, scalable, secure and productive for the GlossGenius product portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Working with Product and Engineering peers to build an infrastructure platform that is reliable, scalable, secure and reduces manual toil
- Deploy and manage cloud infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code patterns
- Help GlossGenius scale its AWS footprint, contributing to the technical direction and helping to provide mentorship to other members of the team
- Build tools to help engineers quickly identify problems, wherever they occur in the stack
- Research incident root causes, conduct post mortems, and follow up on action items
- Improve and augment the monitoring and alerting platform, and act as a SME for other teams wishing to have better visibility into their services
- Spread SRE culture throughout GlossGenius
- Understand industry and company-wide trends to help assess and develop new technologies
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to ensure optimal application performance and scalability to build highly resilient systems
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to security; always approaching situations with a bias to action
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience working with cloud technologies in Production Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or DevOps equivalent roles
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) having designed, built, and maintained cloud platforms that run production-grade services and traffic
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code principles and development
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, CDN, load balancing, HTTP, and firewalls
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-first monitoring, logging, and alerting infrastructure that support 24/7 enterprise platforms
- Participating in on-call rotations
- Experience with container technology using Docker and Kubernetes
- The ability to write high quality code in a high level programming language (e.g. Typescript, Ruby, Python)
- You prefer taking projects from start to finish and are outcome oriented
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.