Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a high performance, experienced engineer to be a part of a new team of Site Reliability Engineers. You will be working closely with engineering teams, product managers, as well as support and sales engineers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform Reliability.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will take ownership over the overall performance and reliability of Fivetran’s infrastructure, robustness of the deployment pipeline, as well as timely and effective incident response and resolution. You will take responsibility for the growth and stability of Fivetran’s infrastructure; and be a key player driving effective incident response and overall issue avoidance.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Responsible for ongoing reliability and robustness of Fivetran's production infrastructure by monitoring availability, capacity, and throughput.
- Evolve systems by adding reliability into our product roadmap
- Coordinate the re-prioritize or fix critical bugs for support or sales requirements as needed
- Make recommendations to production infrastructure by interfacing with engineering to ensure 100% availability
- Ensure scalable artifacts deployment to all environments by automation scripts
- Constantly monitor infrastructure vulnerabilities and remedy them by working with security team
- Experience working with SaaS product at scale
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms and related tooling: AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform, configuration management
- Experience in Python. Bonus if you have Java also
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.