The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is responsible to assist with designing monitoring solutions, improving site reliability and performance and to assist with problem resolution automation of Billtrust production applications. Key technologies include Docker; Tomcat; Kubernetes; SQL and multiple web server technologies. The candidate must be able to provide expert and prompt technology operations support in a high energy, fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will be bright, motivated, detailed orientated and willing to go the extra mile to ensure exceptional results for our customers. This is a great opportunity in technology operations at a growing company with opportunities for advancement for the right candidate.
- Become SME of production applications and operations tools.
- Provide operational support for products on-premises and in the cloud.
- Provide guidance and support during outage situations and production escalations.
- Creation of tools and automation to increase productivity across technology teams and to minimize downtime.
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize system availability, scalability, reliability, and resiliency.
- Assist with the instrumentation of production systems, collecting metrics to improve observability and capacity planning.
- Participate in or lead product releases.
- Scripted automation of application recovery and technical procedures.
- Analyze and interpret application logs to determine problem areas.
- Assist with the design of new monitoring solutions.
- Enhance current application and device monitoring systems.
- Must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 environment. This will include a 24/7 rotating on-call schedule.
- Working knowledge of the Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting web server technologies.
- Experience with any monitoring, alerting, or pipeline analysis tool such as DataDog, Splunk or Nagios.
- Strong understanding of Linux shell scripting or Windows Powershell
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Fluency in Python, Ruby or other common scripting languages.
- Experience with middleware such as Tomcat, Jboss or other application servers
- Experience in troubleshooting network latency and connectivity issues.
- Experience developing operational automation in a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of performing database queries across database platforms.
- Knowledge of automated and centralized job scheduling.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other containerized solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
SALARY RANGE BELOW FOR COLORADO BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Target Base Compensation: $105,000 - $125,000 (bonus and equity offered in addition to base compensation)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Billtrust, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. So, if your experience aligns but doesn't exactly match each and every qualification, apply anyway. You may be exactly what we are looking for!
- Work from Anywhere: Our state of the art office, your home, a company paid WeWork.... you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is a leading provider of cloud-based software and integrated payment processing solutions that simplify and automate B2B commerce. Accounts receivable is broken and relies on conventional processes that are outdated, inefficient, manual and largely paper based. Billtrust is at the forefront of the digital transformation of AR, providing mission-critical solutions that span credit decisioning and monitoring, online ordering, invoice delivery, payments and remittance capture, invoicing, cash application and collections. Our platform has processed $1 trillion+ invoice dollars and we have seen 28% year-over-year software & payments revenue growth (2021). With more than 2,400 customers, we have helped companies like GlobalTranz, United Rentals, Acushnet and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For more than 20 years, we have achieved remarkable success and we attribute our growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day.#LI-Remote