Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Coupa (Pittsburgh, PA)
| Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:12 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 23, 2022
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
If you are passionate about new technologies, have a strong technical background, and are looking for a fun environment where you can continuously expand your knowledge, you are the right fit for this role. At Coupa, the Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a quality-driven engineer who is ready to constantly challenge his/her mind with a mixture of troubleshooting, code developing, hacking, networking, and more.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Tools development and automation using Ruby, Rails, Capistrano, etc. to increase availability and performance
- Strong experience with log monitoring, metric monitoring and managing alerting tools such as Elastic or Splunk, VictorOps or PagerDuty
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring principles and related tools such as NewRelic, DynaTrace, or AppDynamics
- Experience with securing cloud environments and monitoring for security breaches
- Administration of Linux machines, Web servers, Application servers, Databases
- Experience with Cloud Governance and best practice areas for Cost optimization
- Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly, while successfully handling multiple priorities
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for after-hours emergencies
Who You Are:
- Understanding and experience in cloud infrastructure and platforms, such as AWS and Azure
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate container clusters
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of production system administration and web operations experience
- 5+ years of experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls)
- 3+ years of experience with programming using Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt or equivalent
- Experience in massive-scale web operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
More Information on Coupa
Coupa operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA and Reno, NV. Coupa was founded in 2006. It has 2472 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 188 open jobs at Coupa, click here.
Read Full Job Description