Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
Our Site Reliability Team
Our mission is to empower Autonomic teams to reliably run production systems. We do this with a passion for cloud excellence and focus on finding solutions that provide the greatest good for the greatest number. If our team didn’t exist, each team would need to find their own path to success in the cloud.
Our customers are primarily our internal engineering teams, however the solutions we build often have requirements from non-technical teams.
- Scale our cloud infrastructure to support our growing ecosystem
- Design, deploy, and maintain reliable distributed systems
- Adhere to industry-standard security best practices
- Write automation, monitoring, diagnostic and debugging tools
- Participate in our on-call rotation
- Strong technical disposition for cloud infrastructure, observability, and performance
- Instincts for identifying and mitigating risks
- Fervent attention to detail
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experiences
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- 6+ year of experience in a Developer, SRE, or similar role
- 1+ years experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- 1+ years experience architecting and implementing on one or more major cloud provider
- 1+ years experience with software development in Python or Golang
- Experience troubleshooting code written in Java, C, Golang or other strongly typed languages
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable