The Meraki cloud supports millions of customer devices from 10 data centers around the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving billions of HTTP requests per day globally. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras.
As SREs at Meraki, we are responsible for building and growing the cloud that supports these customers and their networks. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be focused on supporting a specific, highly available, and very secure production environment. You will analyze the reliability of our environments, use your networking and coding skills to improve the way we operate, and debug complex events as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.Example projects of a Site Reliability Engineer (Network):
- Crafting the network architecture for a hybrid cloud design.
- Improving agility by automating endpoint network connectivity.
- Creating the best connectivity solution by abstracting network functions from hardware!
- Developing comprehensive monitoring tools that provide transparency into the performance and reliability of our network infrastructure.
- Full-stack troubleshooting of production issues (application, system and network) through to root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures.
- Design, implementation and management of an overlay network to support 1000’s of containers.
- Can demonstrate experience in designing, deploying and operating mid to large scale enterprise or cloud environments.
- Feel comfortable with scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Go, Python, or Bash
- Know your way around *nix systems and have interests that span beyond routers and switches
- Daringly jump into other people's solutions and source code to seek a problem.
- Like to Automate all the things!
- You care and empathise about the customer experience and can support an externally-facing production environment.
- Are passionate about building complex solutions working alongside other engineering teams
- Empathize with coworkers, and are a positive influence on others.
- Bonus points for experience with: Network Security, BGP, OSPF, IPv6, TCP BBR, DMVPN, IPSec, MACSec, NMS, advanced Unix/Linux, system administration, scripting/Bash/Ruby/Python, project management experience, AWS/Azure, Docker, K8s, SDN/Openstack/Openflow, Ansible/Puppet/Chef, REST/SOAP APIs, TLS or Cloud/ISP/Telco exposure.
Keywords: Network Engineering, Production Engineering, SRE, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE, #LI-Remote i
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.