Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Location Flexible - Veterans Encouraged to Apply at Dropbox (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:29 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Site Reliability Engineers are mission-critical for Dropbox success. SREs have major impact across Dropbox engineering through optimizing web services, building our in-house multi-exabyte storage system (Magic Pocket), and in a host of other areas. Check out the Dropbox Tech Blog to learn more.
SREs at Dropbox are hybrid systems and software engineers integral to designing and managing our large scale infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, maintaining, and scaling infrastructure software. You will be part of a small family within Dropbox that has a huge impact on the world.
- You will build scalable infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, exabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will design the systems and processes that Dropbox engineers use to manage and deploy their software in production
- You are expected to bring a voice to the table throughout the full software development lifecycle, and partner effectively with the rest of engineering, working together to come up with solutions that meet the needs of the business efficiently
- You will minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software development
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.