At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki's SRE Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centers. Our customers depend on the Meraki cloud to manage and monitor their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs, and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
In this role, you're going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and support our platform as a service (PaaS). You will be part of an engineering team that is based out of Meraki’s San Francisco headquarters and will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating and supporting production grade hybrid cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Mesos. You will make crucial decisions about how to handle and scale complex, high-performance distributed systems. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
Be prepared to join a team that contributes to and evangelizes engineering best practices and standards. We are a team of incredible out-of-the-box thinking engineers who take pride in helping and collaborating with our engineering teams to solve problems which help them be more efficient!Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage a highly available and scalable on and off-prem orchestration platform (PaaS) that allows development teams to deploy and run their services.
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability and high-performance.
- Build end-to-end documentation and instrumentation of our platform to ensure visibility, automation, self-healing and resiliency throughout the stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster proven engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion.
- You'll provide additional support for other cloud technologies (eg: OpenStack).
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other specialists, and leading large technical projects
- You can do both sides of DevOps: troubleshoot, write and review code in various object oriented languages, but also know your way around a Linux server or a SQL database.
- You come with prior experience in public cloud (AWS, GCP or others), automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes or similar)
- You can troubleshoot complex technical issues, and design robust, scalable systems.
Keywords: Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, System Administration, Software Engineering, containerization, container orchestration, Kubernetes, docker, mesos
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.