Senior SEiT at Accruent (Remote)
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing automated test suites and tools for Accruent’s real estate performance management software. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates in Test, reviewing manual test suites for automation, and developing automation tools and utilities in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application.
This position reports directly to the Director, Software Engineering and will be a work from home opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Develop automation by writing components, tools, and scripts to automate the owned test cases
- Develop powerful tools and automation systems to accelerate product development, ensuring long-term quality
- Automate existing black box tests (all tiers) for functional and performance uses
- Ensure the successful execution of the automated test suite.
- Ensure the teams and roles you work with are following the standards and best practices when working with QA
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts.
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Assist in maintaining quality of work through regular code reviews
- Mentor entry level Software Associates in Test on engineering and company best practices
- Advocate for quality software development by influencing and improving upstream development processes, creating a proactive approach to quality in all its forms
- Analyzes test results to determine where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of test experience
- 4+ years of programing experience (C#, Java, Ruby, Python with Robot Framework)
- 3+ years of test automation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics or graduation from Technical School
- Experience with .NET Framework 4.5 to 4.8 and MS Visual Studio 2013 and later
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Experience with industry best practices
- Proven ability to write test automation frameworks or harnesses
- Experience with Agile project development, either with XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Experience with Sauce Labs Integration
- Prior experience automating test cases with commercial test tools, such as HP QTP, Selenium, Robot Framework etc., is a plus
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.