Senior Security Intelligence Engineer at Lookout (Remote)
*Strong backend programming experience is required for this role*
As a Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to building and executing on the testing strategy for the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the Security Platform that underlies Lookout’s category-defining personal and enterprise products. Lookout’s Security Platform is capable of analyzing millions of apps on a daily basis. Our analysis is trusted by Google to help identify potentially harmful applications before they enter the Play Store and by the world’s leading telecommunications providers to protect their customers.
These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems. You need to possess a high level of coding aptitude combined with a demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance.
Do you have hybrid skills of programming and automation? Do you want to contribute towards developing new solutions in cloud security space? Then you could be Lookout's Sr. Security Intelligence Engineer with ability to work remotely.
Requirements for the position:
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Software Development experience in Java, Scala or Python.
- Automation development and testing experience for REST API Services, focusing on Backend services.
- Experience in building testing frameworks and solutions for long term coverage and execution of the testing platforms.
- Knowledge of automation, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CloudBees, others.
- Experience with designing and executing performance test strategies and tools.
- Experience testing Cloud based Microservices while understanding the overall System interdependencies
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- 3-5+ years of overall experience in developing / maintaining large-scale, distributed production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, Java. Ruby
- Build Tools: Gradle, Maven, Sbt, and others.
- Linux (SSH, Bash, scripting)
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, EC2, IAM roles, and others.
- Understanding of Docker is nice to have.
- Knowledge of GCP is a plus.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Boston, Toronto, Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Bengaluru, and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com