Senior Security Intelligence Engineer at Lookout (Remote)
*Strong backend programming experience is required for this role*
As a Software Developer in Test on the Security Intelligence team, you will provide both coding and testing expertise for our team. You possess a high level of coding aptitude combined with a demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance. You will contribute broadly in building automation and validation pipelines for the detection engines, analysis pipelines, acquisition and ingestion pipelines and other core intellectual property at Lookout.
This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team and share your expertise in building the Security Platform that underlies Lookout’s category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems.
We're looking for Senior programmers with automation skills, who have experience working with high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that owns the App Analysis pipeline and analysis engines for both iOS and Android applications and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Software Development experience in Java, Scala or Python.
- Automation development and testing experience for REST API Services, focusing on Backend services.
- Experience in building testing frameworks and solutions for long term coverage and execution of the testing platforms.
- Knowledge of automation, CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with executing Performance test strategies and tools.
- Experience testing Cloud based Microservices while understanding the overall System interdependencies
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- 5+ years of overall experience in developing / maintaining large-scale, distributed production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, Java. Ruby
- Build Tools: Gradle, Maven, Sbt
- Linux (SSH, Bash, scripting)
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, EC2, IAM roles, and others.
- Understanding of Docker is nice to have.
- Knowledge of GCP is a plus.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Boston, Toronto, Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Bengaluru, and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com