What you’ll do
- Improve, monitor and maintain our information security.
- Execute security initiatives related to infrastructure, product, and data
- Contribute to the strategic planning of security work, make strategic recommendations and improvements to our security.
- Work with application developers to improve the security of various product features.
- Proactively prep and train developers and raise the security awareness of everyone in the organization.
- Quickly and proactively respond to incoming security threats.
- Continually assess, address and report on the levels of threat and preparedness.
What you’ll need to be successful
- 8+ years of experience building, supporting and securing cloud-based web infrastructure with AWS.
- Knowledge of best security practices for building web applications.
- Experience with security monitoring tools.
- Experience in compliance with industry standards such as PCI, OWASP, NIST, GDPR etc.
- Understanding of and ability to deal with and prevent typical security threats and risks.
- Working knowledge of software engineering (CI/CD pipelines, SCM)
- Strong communication skills – you’re a natural collaborator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels.
- Ability to balance strategy and execution.
- Tech stack knowledge: Docker (Kubernetes experience is a plus), Linux, DataDog, AWS security products, Lambda.
- Self-Motivated - you’re passionate about making incremental improvements as you see fit
- Self-Learner - It is not expected to be a ‘know it all’ but that should not be a deterrent in your performance. You are willing to pick up new skills and seek new challenges. We do not seek perfection!
- Energized - You understand the growing pains of a small company and bring your best each day willing to make an impact
Why you want this role
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in shaping the direction of a comprehensive security approach long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, and we trust you to do what you need to do.