Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and creative Senior Security Engineer to join our Flyhomes Infrastructure team!
The Senior Information Security Engineer is responsible for operational aspects of security at Flyhomes, including compliance adherence, system hardening, detection, incident response, and consulting with projects to identify risks. The Senior Information Security Engineer provides expertise and influence across a broad range of Information Security disciplines. This role evaluates new technologies and shares security knowledge and best practices and is the primary driver of the Information Security Program, reporting to the Director of Infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Develop scripts, systems, processes and content to improve detective capabilities
- Develop security controls and processes that align with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Work with other Departments (Finance, Mortgage, People, and IT) to create a collaborative and meaningful security posture.
- Serve as subject matter expert and point of escalation to ensure security technologies are actively managed and fully leveraged
- Triage and respond to and drive improvement from security incidents
- Perform security reviews to identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation across Corporate and Production environments
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement security solutions and practices that protect company services and information assets; help the company manage risks and meet compliance obligations
- Share knowledge and experience with peer team members within Infrastructure in a mentoring capacity
What is needed
- Advanced understanding of information security principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of security technologies, including: firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, VPNs, encryption, AWS IAM, network and application vulnerability assessment Knowledge of Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems, web technologies, database systems, networking principles, access control methods, and security concepts
- Ability to automate tasks and interact with APIs using common scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Familiar with security tools such as Darktrace, nmap, Wireshark, Chef/Puppet/CircleCI/Github Actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with internal and external customers of all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure within a closely coordinated team during emergencies
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage workload with competing and shifting priorities
- Flexible, dependable and self-motivated
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused, and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate a commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid, and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!