Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood's Security Engineering Organization is looking for Security Engineers to join our Intelligence and Investigations team.
The Intelligence and Investigations Team is focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to and from threats to Robinhood, our customers, our data and systems. We collaborate across the business to build detection capabilities and analyze how abuse happens so that we can stay ahead of our threat actors.
You will own and build the tools that support our Threat Intelligence and Investigations team. You will collaborate with other researchers, developers, and engineers to uplevel our capabilities.
The Intelligence and Investigations team is looking for a security engineer who is deeply passionate about this space to build the systems, lead the hunts, analyze the data, and run investigations to fuel this critical team.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Lead threat intelligence and incident response for complex cases, identify enforcement strategies.
- Uplevel our ability to triage, respond, and understand advanced threat actors and the tools they use.
- Hunt for currently undetected abuse by leveraging internal data, open-source intelligence and third party private intelligence.
- Design effective strategies to prevent or disrupt abuse at scale and consult on mitigations to effect those strategies.
- Inform our understanding of previously unidentified threat types through the production of strategic and tactical intelligence, and its dissemination to the appropriate audiences.
- Build, cultivate and maintain positive relationships with internal customers to identify and facilitate solutions to increase the impact of the team's work
- Be the face of and subject matter expert for the services your team provides to Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, and Executive teams
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of work experience in intelligence, cybersecurity, threat research, and/or related functions
- Experience investigating and acting on high-impact threats and online threat actors
- Experience thinking like the adversary, and to anticipate threat actors' moves
- Experience thinking critically and qualify assessments with solid communications skills
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, or similar dynamic programming language
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience in the Financial Sector
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.