Telesign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect, and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, Telesign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
We are looking for a detailed oriented Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who will establish best practices for improving the quality of software being developed, through working with Architects, Software engineers, Product, Operations, and Security to ensure quality, testability, robustness, and performance is built into the product delivered, and on time.
What you will do:
- Work with software engineering teams to optimize workflows and improve the cadence and quality of releases
- Seek opportunities to improve efficiency around quality-related processes and procedures
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth integration of quality standards into the SDLC
- Coach team members to develop test automation code using standard coding practices and reusable libraries
- Develop automated tests and test frameworks
- Understand the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Setup, maintain, and perform test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms and building test scenarios and acceptance tests when needed
- Review code, and code design done by others and provide feedback
- Participate in implementing highly available and elastically scalable 24/7 services in AWS cloud
- 5+ years of software development experience with a focus in testing and automation
- Working knowledge of the Python and similar programming languages
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system
- Performance testing knowledge of REST APIs with high throughput and low latency requirements
- Cloud solutions (AWS preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Can be involved in shaping our organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Focus on data quality testing
- Familiarity with chaos engineering
- Basic understanding of security testing
- Experience testing in Linux
- Experience testing commercial applications
- Experience using testing frameworks (JMeter, Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, nose, etc.)
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD
- Experience with Docker
Telesign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today's unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Telesign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Telesign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Telesign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics