Senior SDET (Remote) at Kong
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 16, 2022
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
The Senior Software Engineer in Test is an integral part of the scrum team, participating in all sprint activities and contributing to the overall quality of the finished feature by being involved from the earliest stages of design and development through verification, deployment, and production support.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you'll be doing:
- Help in building an Engineering culture that enables quality in all software feature development teams across the company.
- Develop and execute plans for continuously increasing coverage and decreasing test execution time.
- Make frequent contributions to our test automation harness as part of the continuous integration pipeline.
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end, security, and performance, both manual and automated).
- Build tools to support automated testing, load testing, performance testing of our products.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the applications you test.
- Interact and participate in meetings with key stakeholders, team members and internal users regarding timelines, and technical issues.
- Mentor and guide other Quality Engineering team members as well as technical and non-technical staff members.
- You will influence Change Management, CI/CD, tools integration. Prior experience with Jenkins/Travis and GitHub Actions is preferred.
What you'll bring:
- Functional testing experience, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, execution, and reporting.
- Expertise with automated testing tools and strategies.
- Understanding of web application structure and potential "soft spots".
- Recent exposure to a startup environment building and contributing to a test framework, including automation, from the ground up.
- You will have a solid understanding of various Test Frameworks and Automation of frontend and backend systems.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- A passion for testing, development, and solving challenging technical problems.
- Ability to prioritize test activities and testing tasks.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Demonstrated skills using code repositories and Atlassian tools (GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools).
- Experience in testing high-availability Enterprise scale and SaaS offerings.
- You have experience with performance engineering and profiling and tools such as JMeter, Gatling and Locust.
- You understand Continuous Delivery concepts and can use tools including Jenkins/Travis and GitHub Actions.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- API testing (RESTful, gRPC preferred).
- Microservice testing.
- Experience measuring and testing quality for a high-availability PaaS or SaaS offering.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
More Information on Kong
Kong operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kong was founded in 2017. It has 354 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, 401(K), Employee stock purchase plan and Flexible work schedule. To see all 18 open jobs at Kong, click here.
Read Full Job Description