Senior RF Bench Test Engineer at INNOPHASE
INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing communications semiconductor startup with headquarters located in San Diego, CA. It is an exciting time to join Innophase and work with a brilliant team of engineers to design innovative wireless products and solutions for IoT and 5G. If you want to make a big impact with a small team and are looking to expand your skill set, this is the place.
As a member of the IOT Test Engineering team, the RF Bench Test Engineer will be responsible for designing and testing RF hardware circuits and systems from initial concept through production. This candidate must have strong technical skills and knowledge, work effectively with limited information, share technical expertise with others and be creative problem solvers and effective communicators.
- Implement bench test solution for High speed Serdes (~Gbps data rate) or other mixed-signal IC (such as high-speed ADC/DAC) bench test or characterization engineering
- Execute device test activities, trouble-shoot device issues, analyze test data and generate test reports
- Characterize device over process, temperature and voltage corners
- Support ATE test engineering for bench-to-ATE coordination
- BSEE/MSEE required with relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience with High speed Serdes (~Gbps data rate) or other mixed-signal IC (such as high-speed ADC/DAC) bench test or characterization engineering
- Use Python or MATLAB programming for instrument control and data processing
- Good engineering problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to independently implement bench automation test solution and drive test activities
- Excellent documentation and report generation skills
- Experience with concepts on high speed digital characteristics such as jittering, eye-diagrams, rise time, set up time etc.; able to operate and program high-speed digital oscilloscopes or BERT for measurement and data acquisition
- Good understanding of wireless communication theory, RF transceiver architecture, Serdes, ADC/DAC circuit topology and system design consideration
- Familiar with ADC test methodologies on measuring parameters such as INL, DNL, SNR, ENOB etc.
- Knowledge on Statistical data analysis and semiconductor production concerns
- Able to work effectively with incomplete or changing requirements
- Focused, goal driven finisher