Senior Release Engineer at Veeva (East Bay or Remote)
| East Bay | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:39 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 15, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva Systems is looking for Release Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. This is a hands-on position to deliver customer success with each new release.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Engineering and Technical Operations to support the release and change management process
- Execute and manage deployments to QA/Dev/Production environments
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Collaborate with key Development and Quality Assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance, and Technical Operations
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement software release process improvements to maximize efficiency
- Create and maintain Release Deployment documentation
- Drive end to end release approval documentation
- 5+ years of solid, hands-on work experience in release engineering or related responsibilities
- Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Proficient with Linux
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Shell scripts, etc.
- Proficient in AWS EC2 related services
- Experience with source code version control systems such as Git and branching strategy
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with Engineering and Technical Operations teams
- Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
Nice to Have
- Experience to Ansible, Docker and Terraform
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description