Who We Are
Our mission at Cybrary is to support the growth of a cybersecurity-enabled workforce. We believe the key to closing the cybersecurity skills gap is to arm cyber professionals with the skills they need to continuously develop in their field. Our enterprise-grade platform and rapidly expanding catalog support multiple types of learning, and allow for a personalized training experience for each user on the platform. With over 3 million users, Cybrary is well-positioned to accelerate its leadership position in the marketplace.
At Cybrary we value teamwork, collaboration, and trust. We look for people who operate with a growth mindset, who love to learn, and approach each challenge with an open mind. We welcome diverse perspectives, and those who embody the passion needed to disrupt the online and cybersecurity training industry. Our culture is shaped by fearless communication, nitro cold brew energy, collaborative community, and an up-for-anything attitude.
Headquartered in College Park, MD, Cybrary has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.’s Best Places to Work by Forbes and the Washington Post, and made Deloitte’s Technology #Fast500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America.
Cybrary is seeking a Senior React Software Engineer to help build the company’s next generation immersive learning platform, supporting a wide variety of data, content and user experiences. The ideal candidate will join a team of engineers to design and develop across all architectural layers but with a focus on UX/UI and API integration.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Senior Director of Software Engineering, the Senior React Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of new systems and features, as well as modifying and maintaining existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The Senior React Software Engineer engages directly with other teams and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions for the organization. To be successful as a Senior React Software Engineer, you should be able to drive the software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle.
- Develop, support, and maintain application client software utilizing React/ReactJS.
- Contribute to architectural discussions for various service, client, and data projects.
- Work in a team environment, performing code reviews for peers.
- Provide production support, quickly identifying and resolving issues.
- Assist with application testing and security.
- Support software integrations of 3rd party products and partners.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- 10+ Years programming experience.
- 5+ Years React experience (Preferably TypeScript).
- Extensive git experience.
- Understanding of oAuth and SSO integrations.
- Familiar with testing and security best practices.
- Solid understanding of application architecture, from relational database, down to code structure.
- Ability to confidently communicate with and lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience mentoring and teaching less experienced engineers.
- Confident and attentive communicator with strong abilities to lead cross-functional discussions.
This position may be located in our College Park, MD office or remote.
What We Bring to the Table
- Competitive salaries that align with market and industry standards
- 100% coverage of medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums for employees
- 50% premium coverage for dependents
- Available HSA and FSA programs
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible leave, with dedicated parent and bereavement leave policies
- 401(k) plan
- Company-paid student loan repayment after 6 months of service
- Referral bonus plan
- Professional Development and Training reimbursement package
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.