Senior React Native Engineer at connectRN
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:08 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 31, 2022
connectRN is a tech enabled platform connecting nurses and aides with opportunities to improve their work life. We believe nurses and aides are the backbone of the healthcare system, and deserve to be rewarded, respected, and recognized for their contributions. Our platform offers career development resources, flexible shift offerings, and the opportunity to participate in a supportive community of peer professionals. By using technology to bring nurses together, we empower healthcare workers to take control of their careers and their futures. connectRN was conceived by a nurse to empower clinicians at every experience level. Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., connectRN serves the American healthcare sector. To learn more about our platform, please visit https://www.connectrn.com/.
As our Senior React Native Engineer, you will use React Native to build performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for helping architect and build these applications, as well as coordinating with a cross-functional team responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Design, code and maintain mobile user experiences end-to-end for iOS and Android platforms
- Optimize code for performance, stability and maintainability
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things
- Write automated unit tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Work with a cross-functional team of UX Designers, Product Managers and other developers
- Strong experience in building performant mobile apps in iOS or Android
- Proficient in React Native framework Knowledge of functional programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode and Android Studio
- Good understanding of the process related to publishing the app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Good understanding of best practices when using REST APIs in a mobile context, GraphQL experience is a major plus
- Ability to understand the design and independently work on implementation of software components within the larger platform
- Outstanding collaboration, time management, communication skills as well as ability to work independently
- Some experience developing apps using native programming languages like Swift, Kotlin or Java
- Some full stack experience working with backend programming languages such as Golang
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- 100% remote if you reside in one of the following states: Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, & Virginia.
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Free gym and parking on-site
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time. As a healthtech company, connectRN is committed to the health of its employees and will only hire those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 or if unvaccinated exclusively due to medical or religious exemption.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.