Senior Quality Engineer at Nexient (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:32 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 7, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and execute test automation frameworks and test automation suites
- Evaluate and maintain existing manual and automated test cases & procedures
- Perform load and stress tests using enterprise level test automation tools
- Interpret test results and prepare comprehensive test reports
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture and detailed design documents
- Act as key point of contact for other test engineers with automation needs
- Manage and maintain physical, virtualized and simulated test environments
- Identify and resolve issues that arise when integrating the application software with other software components
- Assist in reviewing and determining amount of code coverage of unit tests
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
- Deep level of knowledge and experience in test automation design, frameworks, and iterative development
- Ability to design, develop and execute test automation frameworks and test automation suites
- Experience with software programming languages, test automation tools and frameworks including Selenium WebDriver, Fitnesse, Visual Studio, Postman, Java, C#, VB Script, Fiddler, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
- Experience planning, designing and implementing testing strategies and automation infrastructure for large scale system software
- Experience in Software Quality Automation, Selenium tools, Web Services testing, API testing and building test automation frameworks
- Experience in designing automation framework with Mercury tools like QTP (Quick Test Professional) /UFT (Unified Functional Testing) and executing automated tests for functionality of the application.
- Working knowledge of frameworks like Hybrid, Keyword driven, data- driven framework and modular testing approaches
- Participating in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture and detailed design documents
- Acting as key point of contact for other test engineers with automation needs
- Managing and maintaining physical, virtualized and simulated test environments
- Analyzing and replicating production issues, determining the cause and creating defects if necessary and testing them once fixed.
- Identifying and resolving issues that arise when integrating the application software with other software components
- Reviewing and determining amount of code coverage of unit tests
- Experience in understanding of test automation and CI/CD framework through Jenkins tool
- Experience in integrating with continuous integration tools GIT, SVN (Subversion), Perforce and clear case
- Experience and strong knowledge of programming/scripting languages
- Experience and strong knowledge of test management tools
- Leading Agile scrum meetings and prioritizing user stories for projects
- SDLC, STLC, Testing Tools & Testing Concepts, Agile, SLC and Software Testing Methodologies with a good exposure to software quality standards
- Writing complex SQL Queries and performing database testing
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 96 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description