Senior Quality Engineer at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
Fluidra is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer IV to join the team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Senior Quality Engineer ~ Value Improvement (VI QE) is responsible for meeting all Quality deliverables on Fluidra Value Improvement Projects. The VI QE works directly with the cross functional Value Improvement Team to continuously improve product performance and decrease cost through qualification of new processes and/or changes in design using Fluidra’s New Product / Process Development Processes.
This position requires Communication, Leadership, and Teamwork skills that would enable the VI QE to effectively lead Quality related efforts on Value Improvement Projects, and effectively work with Cross Functional Team members in Engineering, Project Management, Souring, Supply Chain, and Fluidra Manufacturers. Additionally, you will:
- Perform lead Quality role on Value Improvement Projects, responsible for successfully achieving all Quality related deliverables required by the Fluidra New Product Development process.
- Conduct qualification Audits of potential new Supplier Manufacturers.
- Lead efforts to successfully achieve compliance to Fluidra Manufacturing Readiness requirements on both new and modified processes.
- Drive and Facilitate Problem Solving activity to effectively resolve key issues identified on Value Improvement Projects.
- Lead efforts to successfully achieve compliance with Fluidra Production Parts Approval Process package requirements.
- Review and signoff of First Article reports / submissions.
- Conduct ongoing Documentation, Process, and Systems Audits of key Suppliers ensuring Supplier conformance. Development of Quality improvement plans where key process deficiencies are documented.
- Provide technical expertise to Customers / Suppliers in solving technical problems
WHAT WE SEEK
- 7+ years’ experience working in a Manufacturing, Quality, or Sourcing environment.
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor or Engineer preferred.
- 5+ years’ Experience with 8D (RCCA) and/or AIAG CQI-20 Effective Problem-Solving models.
- 5+ years’ Experience using AIAG tools and concepts:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Manufacturing Readiness (A1-A8)
- Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) – Control Plans, PFMEA, MSA, etc
- Experience with Injection Molding, Electronics, and Assembly Processes required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Read, write, and communicate fluently and clearly in English. Bilingual (+Spanish or Chinese) is a plus.
- Travel is required (min 25%)
BS degree in Engineering or similar Technical Degree
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Flexible vacation
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We’re an industry‐leading, global company with a legacy of innovation. Offering an extensive array of quality‐designed pool and spa equipment, our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands in the business: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects®, Dell® and Nature2® names.
Recognized as the foremost provider of reliable and visionary pool equipment, our reach extends worldwide across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets. We now have over 7,000 employees, a presence in over 45 countries and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork and inclusion, learn and adapt, excellence and innovation.
Don't know if you meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building a diverse and inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! While your experience may not effectively meet the requirements for this role, there may be another role in the organization that does better align with your experience and background. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status.
Expected salary range is $110,000 - $140,000. Fluidra offers a comprehensive total rewards / benefits program that includes base salary, annual bonus based on performance of individual and company objectives, competitive 401K matching, paid vacation and sick time, full range of health benefits, educational assistance, etc. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience and location. Your recruiter will provide additional details on our compensation and total rewards program.