Rapid7 is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join a newly formed IT delivery team as it continues to grow and advance the organization's enterprise applications ecosystem at Rapid7's newest office in Tampa, FL. We need a team player with quality engineering chops who is excellent at writing tests to ensure high quality delivery of software solutions. The ideal candidate is someone who can contribute to a team tasked with delivering robust technical solutions, solving system and business problems, and developing/executing enhancement/support plans.
At Rapid7 we are...
● Energetic, Passionate, Fun and Enthusiastic
● Self-Motivated and Accountable – we're able to take direction and manage prioritization of work
● Business outcome focused and Collaborative – we are able to work independently as well as part of a team
● Committed to Continuous Learning – we strive to continuously learn and adapt to new tools and techniques
You'll bring the following to the table:
This role will work closely with business and functional SMEs / leadership, Product Owners, Application Analysts, Administrators, Software Engineers, Scrum Masters and 3rd party support teams (to continue) to build and support Rapid7’s business systems.
If you fit the bill, you’ll do the following and much, much more:
● Be a key member of a business transformation initiative that brings significant benefit to our customers
● Collaborate with internal team and service providers to fix and improve products
● Experience with Git and Jenkins or similar version control and build platforms
● Experience with Automation Testing to identify and create appropriate test cases and scripts for automation and regression testing
Understanding of software development lifecycle
● Comprehension of test management, defect tracking, and requirements management tools
● Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills required
● Contribute, as part of a team, towards organizational goal of providing products that delight our users
● Test, through all stages of the software lifecycle
● Design, maintain, and execute automation test cases
● Translate assigned end-user requirements into fully documented test cases and scripts in accordance with approved test plans
● Interact with test team and other groups to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases
● Executes test cases and scripts manually or using automated test tools
● Evaluates results of test execution and records, retests, and closes defects when expected results not achieved
● Report progress and issues to test management and participates in test team status meetings as required
● Participates in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements
● 3 to 5 years practical QA and/or QA Automation experience
●Test automation with best in class business applications including Salesforce and NetSuite
● Experience with accounting, quote-to-cash, subscription lifecycle management, direct and partner selling channels
● Security domain expertise or mindsetGot personality?
● Energy, Passion, Humor and Enthusiasm – work hard, play hard at the best job of your career
● Self-Motivated and Accountable – able to take direction and manage prioritization of work
● Comfortable with Change – we move fast, talk fast, learn fast, and are continually learning
We have ambitious goals and need people who are dynamic, desire to be part of something BIG, and are passionate about excellence in service. You have a chance to be part of a company that is changing how people think about SecOps. If you want a place where you can grow and make an impact ... this is it!