Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Are you passionate about working as part of a software engineering team with the talent, energy, and financial backing to deliver killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every four months? If so, we may have the job for you.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Quality Engineer for the Vault Infrastructure team. At Veeva, we treat infrastructure as code, which means it goes through the same SDLC process/rigor as any other features we build for our customers. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the Infrastructure we build and deploy meets our guidelines for scalability, resilience, and zero downtime production deploys. It’s an exciting opportunity to work with a team of very talented engineers in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Veeva Vault is the fastest growing product in the Veeva Suite of products used in the Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences industry and we strive to deliver customer success with each new release.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep expertise in the Vault Infrastructure technologies and Platform
- Participate in design reviews, identify risks early and help our engineering teams build for quality
- Author and execute test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports. Assess and create awareness around quality risks
- Work closely with the automation group to automate features for better regression coverage, assist with triaging of automation results
- Work cross-functionally to help facilitate the delivery of our best in breed products from our engineers to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- 5+ years of Quality Engineering/SDET or Development experience.
- Deep understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and approaches (white box and automated testing)
- Experience supporting multiple features in a fast-paced environment with sometimes competing priorities
- Experience authoring automated tests in standard functional test automation frameworks. e.g. Cucumber/Selenium/TestNg
- Strong programming concepts and experience in one or more languages e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, or other object-oriented programming languages
- Hands-On experience working with AWS (EC2, EBS, NLB, Route53, etc.) & Containerization methodologies
- Familiarity with Git, Linux, Jenkins
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Curiosity and ability to quickly learn new technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience with Atlassian products e.g. Jira, Confluence
- Experience in a SaaS environment that has an agile development process
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working in the Health Sciences and Lifecare industry
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health insurance with generous coverage limits
- Fixed bonus in the form of RSUs and Stock options
- Allowance for wellness & fitness programs
- Winter break
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]