Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace fairness.
- You will be the eyes of the customer and a vocal proponent of quality across the various phases of software development.
- Write detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and cases for validating product functionality.
- Create comprehensive test strategies that include a mix of testing methodologies like cross browser, responsive, exploratory, regression, performance, and black box testing.
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our product.
- Identify creative ways to break the product.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with product management.
- Analyze performance metrics — such as page load and query resolution times — to ensure we deliver software that meets our quality standards.
- Work as a member of an Agile Scrum team, providing accurate estimates and delivering quality software in two-week sprints.
- Participate in our Agile processes — from updating tickets to reflecting meaningfully in retrospectives and everything in between.
- Mentor and develop quality assurance engineers.
- You are senior in your quality assurance career with diverse QA/QE experience.
- You can write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- You can successfully execute testing efforts, from project inception to post-launch.
- You take pride in great attention to detail and can identify, isolate, and document issues.
- You recognize and anticipate problems and have a keen ability to manage risk.
- You are relentlessly curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to identify gaps and opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively.
- You’re hard working and enjoy working independently towards a shared goal.
- You are passionate about meeting high quality standards and bring a strong voice around quality to encourage product improvements.
- You have strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can adapt testing efforts to meet project needs and deadlines.
- You are able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- Experience with automation testing
- Experience working on an agile software development team.
- Experience in analytic and data-driven, responsive, and performance testing.
- Prior experience working with Cypress
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding. process to help you understand the product, the business, and the customer journey. You’ll execute predefined tests.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be fully integrated into the development process, executing QA on new features and products.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted at $127K - $150K per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise.
- 💸 Additional Incentive. This role participates in our annual performance bonus as well.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.