Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the child care industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
What You’ll Do
Sittercity.com is a monolith rails application, and while this architecture has served us well, we are now ready to take things to a different level with a brand new set of API’s and a new vision to push our products forward. As a QA Engineer on the engineering team, you will bring your extensive knowledge of modern quality assurance testing to both manually test our products while also leading the effort for our automated testing infrastructure and suites.
- Develop, document, and maintain functional and regression test cases and other test artifacts
- Analyze defects and gaps in quality to determine how to improve our development process
- Contribute automated tests in collaboration with engineers to our automating testing suites
- Help break down problems into deliverable chunks giving testing input and pivot when requirements change
- Research, implement and improve testing tools and processes for our products and teams
- Ensure all deliverables meet functional and design requirements and technical specs
- 5-7 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. We value well-rounded engineers.
- Experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically.
- Project management skills and the ability to estimate QA scope.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Selenium, Puppeteer or Cypress.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with accessibility testing
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Github Actions
- Experience with mobile-specific automated testing frameworks such as XCUITest for iOS or Espresso for Android
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. Due to COVID-19, this will start as a remote role with the potential to eventually rejoin our team in our Chicago office. Our office provides a bright and energized space for collaboration as well as many quiet areas for concentration. Additionally, you will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Great benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees