The Tock Engineering Team is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our team to help build fast, easy and beautiful tools for thousands of restaurants. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will work directly with the product designers, software engineers, and support engineers in the team to test the product; develop and maintain test cases. You will bring to the team industry best practices around functional, and regression testing and ensure high-quality and high-velocity product launches.
People who do well on this team have a passion for the problems we're out to solve and how technology can help. We look for team members with a deep knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and those who are ready to champion our web-based and mobile-first philosophy. Our team is pretty small and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
You will report directly to the Director of Engineering and will be a full-time remote position.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Review functional requirements with the Business/Operational team to ensure completeness and to remove any ambiguity.
- Work with Business, Operations, Developers and Designers to develop testing strategies for the product.
- Lead the QA activities from the start of the project to release to the customer.
- Build and maintain the QA process and test suites of both automated and manual tests and ensure high-velocity, high-quality production pushes using various methodologies.
- Build automated tests and analyze the results and determine if it's a defect in the product or in the test code.
- Manage several testing tasks at one time
- Assist account management and support teams in reproducing customer issues.
- Manage product defects and provide reports to product leads.
- Follow all guidelines around handling PII and PCI data.
- Follow all guidelines around WCAG 2.1 AA for frontend facing applications.
- Be a generalist who will work on multiple products, whether it is our customer-facing dashboard or guest-facing consumer site.
- Contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company.
Who We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree required; focus in Engineering or Mathematics fields preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer both in manual and automated testing.
- Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production.
- Fluency with one or more object-oriented programming languages, including: Java, Python, C/C++
- Has knowledge in different testing methodologies and best practices in the industry
- Experience with Selenium (Java) and TestNG
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Loves making and building things as part of a growing team
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan for all employees
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.