We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Software Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What you'll do
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Vacasa, you will join a nimble, cross-functional team of bright machine learning engineers and data scientists. This team has a high impact on company revenue and cost reduction.
You will develop testing strategies for machine learning pipelines. Models are trained by our data scientists, and expected output for a given input isn’t always known. You should be comfortable with both white-box and black-box testing. Engineers at Vacasa are responsible for writing their own unit tests, but will defer to QA for end-to-end integration testing tools and strategies. You will set up automation infrastructure, and make the final call when a given project is ready for production.
As a senior QA engineer, you will be expected to lead initiatives, champion best practices for QA, mentor up-and-coming talent, set an example of conduct through cross-team collaboration, communicate to stakeholders, and balance QA concerns with business needs.
Vacasa’s machine learning and data science research is broad. We train dozens of models, from dynamic daily pricing for all units, to probability models that are used throughout the company. There’s potential to explore and implement recommender systems, NLP techniques, and neural networks. Vacasa has hundreds of millions of records for model training. Help us deliver value in our data and bring it to customers!
Skills you'll need
- 4+ years experience in automating and maintaining test automation.
- Experience working within an AWS environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience writing integration test plans.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes.
- Well-versed in modern application development practices (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience testing machine learning pipelines is a plus.
- Python and SQL experience is a plus.
This is an in-market role and candidates must be based locally or be willing to relocate to Boise, ID to be considered.
You’ll be working in your home office setting. We hold virtual training sessions and weekly team meeting. Occasional offsite team meetings in your region or our HQ locations. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients, and the ability to build confidence with prospects.
- $110,000 - $145,000 DOE
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.