Senior QA Automation Engineer
Hippo is a Series E insurtech startup modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. At the end of the day the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We're looking for a talented QA/SDET who will play a key role in helping us grow our product lines and expand across the United States. An ideal candidate brings curiosity, maturity, attention to details and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Drive automation to help move towards test driven development
- Improve our existing automation, QA methodologies, and best practices through partnership with the CTO and other leaders
- Join stakeholder groups to guide the quality of engineering wide initiatives (agile, hiring, etc)
- Mentor and lead less senior QA staff
- Develop and evolve test automation frameworks, tools, and services.
- 5-8 years of experience as an Software Development Engineer in Test or as a Software engineer with strong proficiency in Python and its associated libraries.
- API Driven Testing Experience: Expertise on developing test automation and working with HTTP APIs, such as REST, GraphQL or gRPC using pytest frameworks.
- Proficient in Source Control Management Systems: Github, Gitlab and CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems.
- Distributed System Experience: working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, GCP and Azure
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing during build/deployment of Microservices roll out
- Experience in writing contract and component tests for microservices.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process and quality checks in the workflow.
- Experience in building automation test infrastructure with open source testing tools
- Experience with the POSTMAN API testing client is a plus.
- Experience with SQL based databases (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
Compensation and Perks
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.