Senior Python Engineer
This is a full-time role in Chicago or Remote
SpotOn is a fast-growing Point-of-Sale, marketing, loyalty, sales, and reputation tracking platform that helps customers check in to earn rewards at their favorite local businesses using our web, mobile phone, and tablet products. Business owners can use data generated by these check-ins, as well as sales data, to reach out and connect with their customers, and manage their online reputation, and experience the benefits of loyal, returning customers.
You’ll utilize Python 3, FastAPI, Django (along with Django Rest Framework), to build a modern service-oriented platform that powers our product line. All of this is delivered via a CI/CD pipeline and Kubernetes running in the cloud.
We strongly believe in helping each other, asking questions, and welcoming new developers. Being part of a software team should never be a struggle; we are looking for someone who shares that spirit.
If this describes you...
- 3+ years of real-world experience with modern Python
- Understands and writes Pythonic code
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Not afraid to write tests or documentation
- Can review your peer’s code, and take code review feedback
- Can identify code-level concerns and address them proactively
- Eager to get hands-on with Python 3, queues, and databases at a rapidly growing startup
Bonus points for any of the following
- SQL Experience
- Django, FastAPI experience
- MongoDB experience
- Async Python
- Modern CI/CD development practices
- Kubernetes (k8s)
- AWS experience
- Mentoring other developers
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible hours
- Reasonable work-from-home flexibility
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.