Senior Principal Software Engineer - VPN Technology (Remote) at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
Prisma Access™ combines the Internet connectivity/security you need - and delivers it everywhere you need it. Using cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies, it extends the next-generation security protection to all cloud services and to its customers regardless of whether they are on-premise, on remote networks or mobile users.
One part of Prisma Access™ is our GlobalProtect team, which is responsible for securing the network traffic from Customer devices to Prisma Access™ Cloud. We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our GlobalProtect team. We want passionate engineers who love to code and build great products and who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
- You will be responsible for Innovation, Development and Sustenance of GlobalProtect client product on multiple platforms
- You will work with product management to develop and define roadmaps
- You will apply your knowledge to create system architectures and low-level designs
- Utilize your programming skills for highly efficient and robust implementations
- Interact with quality assurance and field support teams in debugging, troubleshooting, replicating, and resolving issues found in GlobalProtect software
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- 10-15 years of experience in software development
- Proficient in C\C++ programming language
- Proficiency in systems programming on at least one platform - Windows, Mac or Linux
- Knowledge of other programming languages like Swift, Objective-C, Go is a plus
- Programming knowledge of kernel drivers is a plus
- Experience with networking domain is a plus
- You are a team player with can-do attitude to tackle difficult problems and you have the hunger to learn and grow horizontally
- You have high energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy collaboration and communication with multiple teams
- You are a fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- You have a M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $163,500/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.