Apex.AI, Inc. is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Platform Engineer to join our Hardware Platform Team. You will be responsible for understanding the automotive computing platform landscape and for integrating Apex.AI products into advanced automotive ECUs. This is an exciting opportunity to work with system level intricacies and make the Apex.AI software stack compatible across various platform architectures. If you are someone who likes to get your hands dirty working on high performance automotive ECUs, then this role is perfect for you!
This role is remote; however, you must be a resident of the state of Indiana or be willing to relocate to Indiana to apply. Current authorization to work in the United States is required.
What You’ll Do—Responsibilities
- Be the main point of contact for new ECU integration requests
- Lead some of the computing platform specific integration work
- Understand the ECU landscape and design new Apex.OS and Apex.Middleware features
- Understand customer use cases and help provide solutions
- Assist our developers and customers to debug various challenging issues
- Integrate platform-related feature requests from our customers into Apex.AI’s software
- Help architecting new Apex.OS and Apex.Middleware features to take advantage of hardware and OS related functionalities
- Able to work across cross-functional teams while designing new features
- A Bachelors or higher degree in computer science or computer engineering, or related experience
- 5+ years of experience working in platform teams working with firmware, operating systems and applications
- Experience working in POSIX compliant RTOS’ such as Linux RT_PREEMPT, QNX etc.
- Experience working with different components of advanced automotive ECUs
- Excellent system and application level troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lead various architectural decisions
Great to Have
- Experience with automotive and middleware protocols
- ROS 2 experience
- In-depth understanding of operating systems internals
- Presentation as well as oral and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of programming languages such as C or C++
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, Munich and Gothenburg-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems. Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.
More Information on Apex.AI
Apex.AI operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Palo Alto, CA. Apex.AI was founded in 2017. It has 89 total employees. To see all 53 open jobs at Apex.AI, click here.
Read Full Job Description