Senior Platform Engineer at Moogsoft (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:31 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 15, 2022
Moogsoft is the creator of Moogsoft AIOps - a next generation approach to IT Operations and Analytics driven by real-time machine learning. Moogsoft AIOps helps Enterprises & Service Providers deliver consistently excellent customer experiences, regardless of the underlying complexity or dynamic nature of the supporting infrastructure. Companies like Yahoo! and GoDaddy are leveraging Moogsoft today to reduce operational noise and correlate events across all their applications, network, infrastructure, and social media to gain actionable service insights and detect and resolve incidents faster than ever before.
Moogsoft is searching to add more creative engineers that can design and write clean platform code that scales and (inevitably) fails with grace. We embrace a model of service ownership and value quality over quantity. We think things like Testing, Automation, and Telemetry are fun and exciting! This is a senior role in Site Reliability Engineering which will be directly working on Moogsoft Cloud product to monitor, build, maintain, and improve its Cloud based infrastructure.
- Apply and Champion software design best practices towards the Design, implementation and deployment for Infrastructure as code, leveraging Terraform in a Kubernetes environment.
- Responsible for extending and contributing back to open source modules we use.
- Work with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems faced in the Observability industry
- Coach/mentor more junior staff on patterns and practices of good code development.
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership.
- Support the services that you and your team deploy, including creating pipelines, tests, telemetry, and being a member of an on-call rotation
- Identify and champion for tech-debt items to be addressed/resolved
- 3+ years of programming experience with Python or Golang (for kubernetes). In addition, experience with Terraform or Jenkins is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current cloud systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with API technologies combined with security mechanisms/practices (REST, Webhooks, SOAP, OpenID Connect, OAuth, Client-ID/secret, etc)
- Experience with unit testing / code testing
- Experience with Kafka or similar distributed message queues
- Experience with various databases and data modeling/data management
- Experience with Jenkins and Jenkins pipelines as code
- Comfortable navigating and utilizing various tools such as let me
- Comfortable working without a dedicated “QA” team in a true “service ownership” model
Moogsoft Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan and equity to all employees
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, progressive company
Moogsoft is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics").
More Information on Moogsoft
Moogsoft operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Moogsoft was founded in 2022. It has 140 total employees. To see all 5 open jobs at Moogsoft, click here.
Read Full Job Description