It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the Position:
We're growing. Fast. With regions deployed in Australia, NZ, Asia and USA, our ongoing global expansion necessitates the mobilisation of our dedicated performance test team. This is a senior test role and will provide hands-on technical leadership in the creation and implementation of our volumes and stress testing framework.
As this is a new role and a new team, many of the responsibilities will entail the initial mobilisation of frameworks and tools.
- Implementing scaled testing routines against the Whispir core platform
- Contribute to the performance test strategy and take responsibility in key areas of the performance test lifecycle as agreed with the Performance Engineering Lead
- Operate varying types of performance testing against parts of the core platform and identity breaking points and issues
- Script tests, injectors and data seeding to replicate the live production environment
- Model volumes and create forecasts and expected behaviours
- Operate APM tooling and refine the appropriate reports/insights to identify bottlenecks and root cause
- Establish cost efficient methods of utilising AWS infrastructure infrastructure for performance testing
- Mentor and coach other testers in the team
- As the performance capabilities matures, participate in mentoring developers on test automation best practices, including how to “shift left”
- Contribute to technical and functional design from a test perspective
- Adhere to operational procedures such as time keeping, task allocation, status reporting
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with domain knowledge including industry trends, technologies, frameworks and techniques
Even if you don't meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap - you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- Natural problem solver with a thirst for working in performance and solving big problems
- Expert in performance testing
- Solid experience in testing API, Event Based Systems and Web Front Ends
- Experience working with APM tools, ideally New Relic
- Ability to explain, discuss and document testing concepts clearly
- Experience managing test code and its lifecycle
- Ability to perform some analysis of testing results and triage issues found
- Solid knowledge of SQL and databases. An ability to manage data strategies for performance testing.
- A knowledge of standard testing tools, for example Postman, Jmeter
We would be really impressed if you have:
- Experience in using open source rather then commercial tools for performance testing
- Understanding of how to integrate effective testing into CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to testing frameworks: Cypress, React Testing Library, Jest
- Devops skills: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Buildkite
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir:
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
This position is open to consideration for job sharers/part-time and flexible working.
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!