Senior Performance QA Engineer at connectRN
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:30 a.m. (CST) on Friday, February 4, 2022
connectRN is a tech enabled platform connecting nurses and aides with opportunities to improve their work life. We believe nurses and aides are the backbone of the healthcare system, and deserve to be rewarded, respected, and recognized for their contributions. Our platform offers career development resources, flexible shift offerings, and the opportunity to participate in a supportive community of peer professionals. By using technology to bring nurses together, we empower healthcare workers to take control of their careers and their futures. connectRN was conceived by a nurse to empower clinicians at every experience level. Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., connectRN serves the American healthcare sector. To learn more about our platform, please visit https://www.connectrn.com/.
We are looking to hire a Senior Performance QA Engineer to lead load and performance testing efforts for our Web and React Native Mobile applications. Reporting directly to our QA Manager, you will be working with multiple distributed scrum teams supporting several web and mobile applications.
- Work closely with the engineering team and product owners to define and improve our test plans and increase the quality of our code base.
- Participate in release testing.
- Monitor and analyze system performance using AWS tools.
- Participate in creating performance dashboards to collect the metrics on system health.
- Identify performance baselines for various back-end and front-end applications.
- Choose performance and load testing tools for our infrastructure.
- Create and maintain performance test suites.
- Create and maintain load test automation framework.
- Integrate performance and load testing into the pipeline and help setup reporting/alerts.
- Analyze test reports and take action on failures.
- Utilize existing end-to-end and API test framework for performance testing.
- Present load and performance test run status to various stakeholders.
- Work with software engineers to optimize application performance.
- Extensive QA experience in an Agile environment
- Hands-on experience as a Performance QA Engineer.
- Deep understanding of usage patterns and performance bottlenecks exhibited by large web and mobile applications, especially deployed on AWS.
- Thorough understanding of the differences between load testing, stress testing, spike testing, endurance testing, scalability testing, and volume testing.
- Thorough, hands-on experience with leading commercial and/or open-source load and performance testing tools.
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools. We use Cypress, Appium, BrowserStack, Loadview, JMeter, and Postman.
- Substantial experience with being a QA Lead, assigning tasks, making key decisions, getting buy-in from the team on those decisions, and keeping the team on-task.
- Deep experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment platforms using tools such as GitHub, CircleCI, TravisCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the field of software engineering.
- Experience with geographically distributed teams is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- 100% remote if you reside in one of the following states: Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia.
- Flexible schedule/work (We’re currently remote but anticipate this role to be based out of our Waltham HQ post-pandemic in a flexible model)
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.