Senior Performance Engineer at Veeva
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:13 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Pleasanton office - it’s up to you.
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned and creative Senior Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
At Veeva, each software release is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Senior Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our product’s success. You will work with developers to test and optimize Veeva’s CDMS software prior to its release and monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. You will work with product management to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. This is a technical and hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks.
What You'll Do
- Define, develop and achieve performance/scalability benchmarks for Veeva Applications
- Efficiently work with various profiling tools such as Yourkit to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
- 6+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Proficiency with Java, MySQL, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools
- Expert in distributed computing systems and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]