All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country. Your regular workday must start no earlier than 9AM UK and no later than 9AM US/Eastern.
We’re looking for empathetic, skilled, and practical senior or staff software engineers to help us craft tools, leverage standards, re-architect systems, and build key integrations for our API.
The work ahead of us is significant and exciting. We guide and facilitate the entire R&D organization to move our current bespoke API into both OpenAPI 3.1 and GraphQL. We’re integrating new auth functionality, adding an Envoy-based API Gateway to our Kubernetes cluster, facilitating service extraction from our central monolith, and integrating all of this and more with some of the biggest names in the developer tool industry.
Your role is to level us up. You will help take the talented team we have and model and expand our modern best practices. You bring experience with some of our standards and tools, you can quickly learn the rest, and you suggest new ones when helpful. You collaborate to deliver incremental solutions that are both grounded in present needs and filled with optionality.
We believe that Snyk’s DevOps approach to security is a best practice. With you, we can make it ubiquitous, by making our platform easy to extend into tools and workflows everywhere. Join us!
You should apply if you
- love working in a fast-paced, empowered, distributed environment that respects the team, our customers, and our partners.
- believe in the power of API and platform extensibility to enable game-changing possibilities.
- make good engineering decisions in an incomplete business context of cost, value, risk, and opportunity.
- model high quality code, API design, DevOps automation, and cloud-native architecture.
- work collaboratively, communicate proactively, take a team-first mind-set, and skillfully give and receive difficult feedback when necessary.
- enjoy leading projects, while giving a safe space to others for ownership, intelligent mistakes, and growth.
- mentor, coach, and constantly learn.
You’ll spend your time
- collaborating with your cross-functional team, across the organization, and with partners and customers to prioritize, plan, and deliver business value and strategic opportunities.
- coding in TypeScript and Go, deploying in a CI/CD workflow, and configuring and automating related infrastructure for the services we maintain.
- observing, analyzing and improving the performance, reliability, and usability of our platform API.
- experimenting, designing, architecting, coaching, advocating, and facilitating to explore and expand the possibilities of our technology and organization.
- taking part in our on-call rotation to maintain and support our production services (for one week of approximately every six to ten weeks).
We’d especially love to hear from you if you have experience with
- designing and building a platform API, including OpenAPI, JSON Schema, JSON API, GraphQL, HTTP specifications, and a variety of auth approaches
- Kubernetes, Envoy, WASM, DevOps, DevSecOps, and Go
- building and guiding partner and customer integrations
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.
Snyk is recognized on the Forbes Cloud 100 2021, the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 and was named a Visionary in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for AST.