Senior Operations Engineer at 3Play Media
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re hiring to grow our team and our products! 3Play Media offers a truly unique opportunity to work in a small team of developers in a company that offers both a startup-minded size and culture while being robustly backed by a steady stream of customers and projects. Every day, our system processes hundreds of hours of video content, helping us to improve and expand the way people consume online media to make more of the web’s video content accessible. We’re also very excited to have a few brand-new products in our pipeline!
We’re looking for an experienced web engineer to help us build and maintain our application. You’ll be working on a small team (3-5 engineers), with product and design to build features that are used by our contractors and internal operations team.
The 3Play engineering department is small and extremely collaborative. Engineers are empowered to make their own decisions, and propose solutions to the challenges facing our stakeholders. We use a standard 2 week sprint process, and regularly look for ways to improve our process via retrospectives.Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain features in our application using Ruby On Rails, React, and Angular (legacy features)
- Work closely with the product and design team to identify optimal solutions to customer needs
- Build front-end user interfaces for usage by 3Play employees and contractors.
- Build and maintain complex back end workflows (we have a lot of asynchronous jobs in Resque!).
- 4+ years experience building web applications in a professional environment
- Demonstrable aptitude with Ruby on Rails or another web development framework
- Demonstrable aptitude with complex back end systems
- Demonstrable aptitude building web user interfaces (React, Angular, jQuery)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to learn and to share your knowledge
- Good problem solving and debugging ability
- Experience with web accessibility (WCAG, screen readers, and 508 compliance) is a plus.
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 5,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.Work Environment
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. We prioritize the ability for our employees to do their work quickly and efficiently without getting stuck in office politics and wasteful meetings. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light located in the North End. The work we do is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.Location
3Play Media is located in Boston, MA – North Washington St on the Green & Orange line and near North Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving North End District. We are located near some of the best restaurants and surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.Perks
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K matching program
- Paid vacation, birthday, volunteer days, and sick leave
- Disability and life insurance
- Charitable contribution matching program
- Transportation subsidy
- Company sponsored social events
- Snacks and beverages provided