WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Senior Developer for our Open Source Development Team.
To be based in Philadelphia or remotely on the East Coast.
As part of the Talend R&D Team, the Open Source Software Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and enhancements for the Application Integration related projects at The Apache Software Foundation and other open source communities. The applicant will liaison between the product teams within Talend and the open source communities to make sure the needs of Talend products and customers are being addressed. The Talend Application Integration projects are based on leading open source projects like Apache Camel, Apache Karaf, Apache ActiveMQ, and Spring Boot. The applicant would be able to work in an international team with up to date technologies and standards, incl. modern cloud / container based deployment environment (AWS / Kubernetes).
- Represent Talend and contribute to various open source projects like Apache Camel, Camel-K, Camel-Quarkus, Apache Karaf and Apache ActiveMQ
- Work with Talend Product teams to design and implement new features and enhancements to the Apache projects and drive those back into the Apache communities
- Monitor the Open Source communities and communicate important
- Work with Talend Architecture and Labs teams to develop state of the art proof-of-concept (PoC) projects, leveraging a wide range of open source projects
Architecture and Development:
- Develop prototypes quickly to drive innovation
- Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
- Build new high level designs as required
Mentoring and Leadership:
- Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
- Lead by example, care for your team and always be there for them
- Coach, guide, inspire and motivate team and community members
- Be on the look out for potential contributors to the Open Source projects and help encourage them to become more active to grow the community
- Graduated in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Java development
- Good foundation in the JVM architecture and multi threaded environments
- Experience in delivering results independently, experience while doing so on a remote team would be a plus
- Professional Java programming experience with RESTful, Message-/Event-Driven technologies, distributed applications
- Experience with Kubernetes and good understanding of various cloud native technologies would be a plus
- Experience with development for cloud technologies like Azure, AWS and GCP would be a plus
- Knowledge in Apache Kafka and Debezium would be a plus
- Experience with Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail
- Willing to travel (occasionally) and present Open Source/Apache projects at conferences
- Previous experience with open source contributions would be a plus
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description