OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Zuora’s TechOps teams are responsible for Data Center and Cloud infrastructures, monitoring performance and uptime, managing internal and external shared services, infrastructure services and more - for Zuora’s customer-facing SaaS products and platforms. Our technologists sit across US, Beijing, India and remotely, using a follow-the-sun model to provide 24x7x365 coverage for critical functions and partner closely with our Engineering, Customer Support, Security, Global Services and Sales teams on a daily basis to keep our customers front and center.
Provide the best reliable and scalable infrastructure platform to run to our kickass billing, connect, and revenue SaaS solutions for our customers.
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
- Build and run large scale distributed SaaS systems inline with our uptime and performance SLAs.
- Create and maintain runbooks for various and operational needs.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments.
- Handle all L2/L3 Engineering problem tickets.
- Fault-finding, analysis and logging of information for reporting of performance exceptions.
- Proactively monitoring Network performance and doing Network capacity planning.
- Create and modify Terraform/Cloud formation code to automate manual tasks or optimize existing automation.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the Network.
- Managing the complete AWS life cycle, along with security, provisioning, and automation.
- Fine-tuning and configuring various Network infrastructures on a hybrid Cloud setup.
- Maintaining access control, as well as the integrity of data, throughout the platform of the AWS application.
- Effectively monitoring performance degree and its availability.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Prioritize work based on severity and customer impact.
- Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities.
- Monitor and manage Network in large scale Cloud and Hybrid setup to ensure application uptime requirements and SLA compliance.
- Participate in a 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call and holiday coverage.
OUR TECH STACK:
AWS, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Cisco CSRs, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Terraform, K8, Python, Shell, ELK, Prometheus, Thousandeyes, LibraNMS.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Help build & operate a large scale distributed SaaS platform running best in class subscription billing and revenue SaaS solutions.
- Provide 24x7 coverage working alongside other amazing global(US, Beijing, India, and others) Zuora Techops team members.
- Drive incident and help identify root causes related for complex problem spanning various application and infrastructure domains.
- Work with a large scale centralized monitoring and logging system to help maintain uptime and troubleshoot problems.
- Provide architecture and design feedback to the Engineering and build teams to improve service and platform scalability and reliability.
- Help promote Infrastructure as a code approach.
Our vision is to provide exceptional services to our customers and internal teams .
Why work for Zuora TechOps?
- You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our use cases and provide the best solutions - the learning will never stop!
- We offer continuous career development and knowledge training.
Our management team grows and motivates individuals through coaching and mentoring, creating a rewarding and challenging work atmosphere.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Over 5-8 years of experience operating and managing services in a distributed, large scale environment.
- Ideal candidate would have the CCIE or CCNP Routing and Switching certification
- Extensive hands-on experience with routing and switching.
- Experience with working AWS cloud platform.
- Experience working with Network monitoring tools (LibreNMS, VPC Flowlogs, or ELK etc.),
- Experience in handling production incidents and root cause analysis.
- Experience in infrastructure and operations automation using Ansible, Terraform, shell scripting, AWS CloudFormation.
- Strong crisis management leadership ability; Experience with Incident management.
- Ability to collaborate and work with global teams and mentor other team members.
- Hands on experience in layer-2 protocols (Spanning-tree), HSRP
- Hands on experience in layer-3 protocols (EIGRP, BGP), route distribution, router filtering
- Hands on experience configuring MPLS, DMVPN, IPSEC VPN, GRE.
- Experience and/or familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort, ngrep, nmap, strings, hexdump, md5sum, systools)
- Proficiency with AWS and Azure network configuration including transit gateways, site-to-site VPN, and route tables.
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.