Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about building huge-scale networks on the Internet that our customers love.
DigitalOcean is on a mission to simplify cloud infrastructure for millions of software developers around the world. Engineers at DigitalOcean have a direct impact on the cloud technology that their peers in the developer community leverage every single day. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is striving to build something meaningful for the Engineering community.
As a Network Developer on the Infrastructure team, you’ll work directly with our Network Engineers to design, implement, and maintain the tools, monitoring, and automation frameworks that provide management capabilities for DigitalOcean’s network, from the Internet edge to the hypervisor. Our networks need to be massively scalable and enable agility while providing our hundreds of thousands of customers with the most stable platform. We work with other infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure new products and features can operate at scale and provide the performance our customers require. You will build automation systems for network engineering as well as work on SDN (Software Defined Networking) and DigitalOcean’s overlay network. Your two favorite words will rapidly become “automated remediation”. Our Networking org is critical to building out DO’s future products and success.What You'll Be Doing:
- Providing hands-on technical design and engineering for network-related tools and systems
- Working with networking-focused software engineers to develop/maintain our SDN solution and integration
- Developing and contributing to open source projects relating to network and platform engineering
- Developing and maintaining network automation solutions
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of network engineering and enough technical chops to translate needs into products
- Expertise with Linux
- Expert-level understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6
- 2+ years experience in a 24/7 operational environment
- Experience with automation frameworks (Salt preferred)
- Hands-on experience with SDN including Contrail, Nuage, OpenDayLight, OpenFlow, etc.
- Languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Perl
- Tools: Juniper Technologies, Netconf, NetBox, IPFIX, SDN
- Frameworks: Salt, Napalm, OpenConfig
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial, and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in the office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here